Reopening Our Office
New Safety Guidelines
26 June 2020
It goes without saying this is an unprecedented time for all of us. Coronavirus has impacted us in ways we never imagined. We would like to extend a special thank you to the Board of Directors for your support to not only the staff but also to many members in need. The help Forest Hills Cooperative has been able to extend to those negatively impacted by COVID-19 could not have been done without their true desire to be of service to the membership. As we move forward, you will notice various changes in the way our office space and staff look as well as new practices and protocols. We understand these changes may be difficult and we are here to support you. Our goal is to collaboratively ensure we all feel safe and secure so together we can navigate the complexities of our "new normal." The actions Forest Hills Cooperative continues to take during this unprecedented time are based on the best information currently available. We are monitoring the situation and will inform you of any other changes if needed. Thank you!
What we have learned:
Here are some things we are implementing to help keep our workplace safe and to support you:
- Workplace Health Screening of all employees is required prior to the start of each day
- will ask health screening questions prior to coming into your home or people entering the office
- While in your homes, maintenance will wear face masks, foot coverings and gloves
- Each employee is expected to sanitize their area/department at the beginning and ending of each day, including tools, surfaces, vehicles, & etc.
- Barriers "sneeze shield" installed in the office for those who have direct contact with people
- New limits on the number of people allowed in the office to one person at a time
Here are some things we expect you to implement to help keep all of us safe:
- Call, email, message, or video conference as much as possible rather than meet face to face. We will soon be able to meet with you virtually to better help explain a process, triage a maintenance issue or conduct a meeting
- When calling in a work order, we expect you to tell us if you have experienced any symptoms of COVID- 19, been exposed to anyone who has or have the possibility of being COVID-19 infected
- Practice proper social distancing by staying at least 6 feet apart and refrain from shaking persons hands. Please be prepared for maintenance to ask you to leave the room they are working in or briefly leave your home to be sure we are also practicing social distancing
- You are required to wear a face mask or cloth face covering when entering the office or when maintenance is in your home
- Follow the CDC's prevention tips for staying safe by washing your hands often and not touching your face
- Be considerate of your neighbors
Remember, we're all in this together!